Friday, October 30, 2009

Unpacking Luther’s Baggage, chapter 3, page 3

If anyone was wondering why I haven't posted in a while - my son Peter just got married out of state and we were very busily involved with all of the preparations and travel. 

As I begin to get into various topics with the Extremeter, I would like to make it clear that the Evangelical church is doing many things correctly and very well. I am not here to find fault or to criticize; I only want to add to the church’s understanding and effectiveness.  Here are the main topics that I want to explore:

A. Bible Interpretation

  1. Examples
  2. Hermeneutics
  3. Context 
  4. Hebrew vs Greek thinking
  5. Sources
  6. Church History
Worship
  1. Music
  2. Dance
  3. Drama
  4. Art
C. Partnering with Israel and Messianic Believers
  1. Prayer
  2. Serving
  3. Giving
  4. Zionism
D. What the Church believes
  1. Doctrinal statements
  2. Teaching
  3. Sacraments (Baptism, Communion, Charismatic Gifts)
  4. Publications
  5. Missions
E. Teaching and preaching
  1. Seminaries
  2. Torah Club
  3. Hebrew Roots curriculum
  4. Sources
  5. Parallels in the Bible
F. Evangelism
G. Eschatology and Prophecy
  1. Israel
  2. The Kingdom
Finally, I will be seeking ways to get this blog more recognized. I'm told one of the ways to do this is to visit other sites and leave a meaningful comment with LuthersBaggage there for reference.  I would also encourage you to bookmark this site and check it often - now that I hope to get back into the groove.
Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment