Monday, January 23, 2012

Good Friday, 1522

Writing a historical novel needs a lot of research and an author (me) can easily forget some of the dynamics that are going on. I have done so in the current phase of the story and I will need to adjust some things. The main problem is that Luther returned to Wittenberg on Good Friday, 1522. Heinrich's shop probably wouldn't have been open and Rebekah is entering into Friday evening when Shabbat is about to begin. Whether or not she should be traveling then is one thing, but having her at Heinrich's home on Friday needs to acknowledge Sabbath. This can all be accommodated, but it will take some rewriting and I'll put this on hold until then. In the meantime, I'll be commenting on the book Churchill and the Jews (in a week or so). 
Until then...
Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment