Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Cutting the Cord and SkyWatchTV

 I recently cut the cable cord and found something far better. I kept the Xfinity internet and added three things instead: 1) Discovery +, primarily so I could get Magnolia Network and the History Channel (though History channel no longer shows new episodes on Discovery plus), 2) Disney +, though its recent announcements that Disney has gone woke has me almost ready to cut that cord too, and 3) FOXNATION. I discovered that ROKU itself has some cool options. For example, Real America’s Voice is a very good conservative news station, and NewsMax is good too. I’ve also enjoyed an interesting show called the Shape of Pasta on Roku. But the best thing I added to Roku is SkywatchTV. It is a free Christian program with some very cool shows that are way more interesting and cutting edge than your “typical” Christian network. Some of its personalities, who are very prolific authors, are Thomas Horn, Josh Peck, and Derek and Sharon Gilbert. Their weekly show is hosted by Joe Horn (I think he’s the son of Thomas Horn). They have a publishing business called Defender Press with some amazing titles. I just finished reading The Messenger by Thomas Horn, The Lost Prophesies of Qumran by Josh Peck, and the Ancient Mysteries of the Essenes by Ken Johnson. These are really good.


If you are into streaming, then I highly recommend these alternatives to cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment