Friday, June 20, 2014

I know it sounds crazy


What a thought! but before Heinrich could go there, he had to tell Rebekah something first - and that was what he thought of her; it was a tension he could not keep inside any longer. “Rebekah, we don’t have much time left - and I have to say something”. He took a deep breath and continued, “I’ve never met a woman like you. I know we talked last night about seeing each other again, but I want to make that more official. I want to marry you, someday, if you’d agree.” As Rebekah gasped in amazement, Heinrich continued, “I know it sounds crazy. But our lives are crazy; both of us think differently from our culture; we’ve both lost our fathers, and neither of us has matchmakers - except God. I can’t imagine being with anyone but you. There; I said it.” It seemed as though a huge burden was lifted from his back. Now he had to wait and see how she felt.

Rebekah was overwhelmed with emotion; she was doing her best not to cry, but it came out anyway. She was amazed that they both had the same feelings at the same time. Was she happy; should she smile? Should she scream!? Would that betray the reality of what this could lead to? She wiped her cheek and spoke with a tone she’d rarely ever used. “Heinrich, I don’t know what to say... I’ve never been in this situation before.” She paused...”I like you too, but we come from different worlds. I’m Jewish...” Before she could finish Heinrich interjected, “and I’m half Jewish... and the other half wants to be!” What was she to do with that logic? Before she could respond, he continued,”we both believe Jesus is the Messiah - the Jewish Messiah! We could learn about Him together.” The initial emotion was settling down to: what were they going to do with this new possibility? “I know you have to go and I know I can’t go with you - now, but can we make a pledge to wait for each other?”

continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment