Friday, August 21, 2020

More on Jeremiah 49:36-39

My last post mentioned verse 39 concerning Edom, but I just read a good book called Iran’s Great Awakening by Dr. Hormoz Shariat that adds some very interesting details to that story. Per Dr. Hormoz, Iran is now having a great secret revival, and will continue to do so in the future. But the best part is that God will set his throne in Iran! (see in red below) It’s the only place in the world, other than Jerusalem, where God will do that. 

Iran has a lot of Biblical history. Five books of the Bible were written there (Daniel, Esther, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Habukkuk) and King Cyrus was called by God “My shepherd” for he allowed the people of Israel to go back to Jerusalem and rebuild the city and temple and contributed to the effort after the 70 years captivity predicted by Jeremiah. 


Jeremiah 49:36-39

Against Elam I will bring the four winds

From the four quarters of heaven,

And scatter them toward all those winds;

There shall be no nations where the outcasts of Elam will not go. For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies

And before those who seek their life.

I will bring disaster upon them,

My fierce anger,’ says the LORD;

‘And I will send the sword after them

Until I have consumed them. I will set My throne in Elam,

And will destroy from there the king and the princes,’ says the LORD. ‘But it shall come to pass in the latter days:

I will bring back the captives of Elam,’ says the LORD.”


The latter days, in this case, will take place in the Millenium. But before that happens, God will bring a great judgement against the rulers of Iran and after they are dealt with, the secret believers and many of the believers scattered around the world will go back to a totally new and different Edom (Iran). 

No comments:

Post a Comment